Everyone has had more time at home, and one of the things our REALTORS® have discovered in recent weeks is that working from home provides an opportunity to work on your home as well.
There's never been a better time to tackle DIY projects. These simple home upgrades will revitalize your space—something we can all use right now—at little or no cost to you.
- Eliminate Clutter
It's spring, and we all have some cleaning to do. Getting rid of clutter is a great way to revive your space and make your home feel more open and spacious. Go through every room and gather up items that you don't need, never use, and are tired of looking at. Some can be tucked away in storage or given away, while others can be donated. If all goes well, you might even be able to have a big yard sale soon!
- Paint an Accent Wall
The great thing about an accent wall is that it can liven up any space, with a minimal investment of time and money. It's a great opportunity to introduce a vibrant splash of color into a room—don't be afraid to go bold—just be sure to take the decor into account. Look at your furniture, artwork, area rugs, and other decorations, and make sure the color you've chosen for the accent wall doesn't clash.
- Upgrade Your Kitchen
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in any home. If yours is feeling a little stale, don't fret. There are a lot of ways you can make your kitchen feel like now without making a big investment in major upgrades. For example, you could:
- Devise new storage solutions, like shelves, a creative spice rack, hangers for coffee mugs, or colorful displays for utensils.
- Freshen up your cabinets by repainting them or updating their hardware.
- Introduce some greenery. If you have open space on your counters, window sills, or kitchen table, add some house plants for a dash of green. Herbs are a particularly great option because they do well in containers, and you can always pick a little as needed for cooking!
- Improve Your Lighting
Great lighting can transform a space, and it's more important than ever if you find yourself spending a lot of time at home. The more natural light you can get, the better, but there are ways to improve lighting even in rooms that don't get great natural light.
Cleaning lampshades and light fixtures can be a huge improvement, and replacing light bulbs really helps too. Some types of light bulbs, such as LED bulbs, actually do a great job mimicking natural sunlight.
- Rearrange Your Furniture
Nothing makes a room feel like a completely new space quite like rearranging the furniture. Pick a room that needs a makeover, and arrange things differently to make it feel like new! Just remember a few simple furniture arranging tricks:
- Keep traffic flow in mind.
- Create convenient conversation areas.
- Use the right size area rug to tie the room together.
- Arrange furniture around a focal point.
- Don't push furniture against the walls.
- The simpler the arrangement, the better.
Contact us today to learn more about fun home improvement projects, and be sure to talk to our team if you're looking to buy or sell a home in the Mansfield, OH area. We have years of experience offering the best Mansfield homes for sale.